Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sending The Library To Distance Learners


innovations 06
Originally uploaded by decatur library.

The day I headed to DC for CIL I had the opportunity to present a session on our distance learning library initiatives at the Innovations 2006 conference here in Atlanta. For those who aren't familiar, Innovations in a conference of cool things people are doing in the community college world.


The session went quite well, people asked questions etc. We had a good discussion on how to make sure distance learners get the library resources they need in a courseware environment. One thing that I found interesting was the fact that most of the attendees were librarians. When my former colleague Jennifer Link and I did an earlier version of the presentation last year at the Southeastern Scholarship Conference on E-Learning the audience was made up of mostly DL faculty and administrators and that was the audience I was expecting at Innovations too. I had to do a little on the fly verbal tweaking, but it still went well.

projector

And for some reason my projector was propped up on drinking glasses! Guess that was the solution when a previous presented needed help.

I also had the chance to attend some good sessions, primarily on teaching and learning in the online environment. So it was a pretty useful experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home