Thursday, May 17, 2007

GUGM 2007 Presentation Links

Here are links to things that I talked about/ played/ showed during my talk "The World of Social Software" at GUGM 2007 in Fort Valley, GA. Take a look at my presentation page for more information including the PPT from the session.

The music I played before the session was by Hermon Hitson.

The Machine Is Us/ing Us

RSS In Plain English

Blogs:
North Metro Tech View From The Library
George Mason University Law Library Circulation Blog
Circ And Serve

Flickr:
Libraries and Librarians Group
Georgia State University Library Transformation
Flickr As A Training Tool (scroll down to section for presentation)

Podcasts:
Georgia Perimeter Decatur Campus Library
Ohio University Alden Library Audio Tour
WPI Audio To Go
Library Guide For Nursing (Cal State Fullerton)

YouTube:
The L-Team (Williams College)
Information and Circulation (Cal State Long Beach)
ENGbaseNET (Georgia Institute of Technology)
Playlist (Includes sleepy kitty and other videos I didn't show during the session)

Two For Fun:
Twitter
Pandora(Information about the fight over new royalty rates for online streaming radio is available on SaveNetRadio.org)

Try Me, I'm New:
Meebo Rooms

Thanks so much for coming to the session. I had a blast and hope you had fun and learned something as well.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger robin said...

Hi David,
I really enjoyed your presentation and I thought the movies were a nice touch to keep the audience engaged.

..and we even got twittered! ;-)

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger David said...

Hi Robin - I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation! I wanted to make it as much or more fun than informative, so also glad you liked the movies.

Can't beat getting Twittered during a presentation! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home