Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I (Heart) blip.tv

I'm currently working on moving my work podcasts to a free hosting site for archiving before I leave at the end of the month. I again really wanted to support OurMedia and Internet Archive by using them for hosting. It's been months and months since I tried to upload to OurMedia and figured that the upload times might be better now. Not the case.

After fighting through several attempts to upload a file and getting either impossibly slow response times or my login not recognized, I gave up and went back to my old friend blip.tv. I've already gotten several files uploaded in a fraction of the time it took me to fight with OurMedia. So hats off to blip.tv for making one small part of my current insanity easier. And for easy video hosting too.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Gawd, doesn't OurMedia suck that way? I too have given up on trying to upload content to any of their sites. Great idea, pitiful implementation.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger David said...

Yeah, I really thought they would have improved the tech by now. But it was still very frustrating. I know it's hard to do what they are trying to do non-profit and with probably limited funds, but still. If it's not usable, how much good are you doing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home