Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Wordie

I was just perusing a copy of Copy Editor (really, I was) and ran across a mention of Wordie. Wordie is a social bookmarking site for words. The tag says it all "Like Flickr, but without the photos." You add and make lists of words you love or hate. Each word listed has links to several online reference sites for defining. You can also comment on words and provide citations. There are lists of top words, just like Netflix. "Schadenfreude" is #1 on the Wordie Hot 100. I created a profile and added "hemidemisemiquaver". Wordie is fun.


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Joshua M. Neff said...

I love Wordie! I've been signed up for a while now.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Rikhei said...

I also love Wordie! My profile, should you want to take a look.

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first saw Wordie when Ed Vielmetti used it to record every major word he heard at ALA's National Library Agenda summit in December 2006. It was a fascinating use of the site to highlight patterns and trends. I keep thinking it would be interesting to do something similar in other meetings at work.

Jenny Levine


http://wikis.ala.org/nationallibraryagenda

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger David said...

Wow, how did I not know about Wordie before! I r always behind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home