Monday, September 24, 2007

Fin

Greetings readers. I was looking over my blog over the weekend and realized that I've posted a whopping three times in September. One was a left over from the Ticer Institute in August, and only one of the other two was of any substance. I keep meaning to get back in the groove and post, but the new job and life in general keep getting in the way. I don't find myself motivated to post or go back to ideas I have and actually write about them. And I don't see that changing much in the next little while.

So I think it is time to pull the plug on the random stuff, at least temporarily. I'm obviously not going to contribute anything else of meaning to the library blog world anytime soon, if I ever did to start with, and there is no point in pretending that I'll get around to blogging more. Being out of the loop of the day to day library world has changed the things that I think about, both work- and library-wise. And the desire to write about them isn't there anymore. This is all my personal decision, so please don't read any more into it than that. There is absolutely no outside influence on my stopping blogging.

And shrinking my online presence really isn't necessarily a bad thing right now. I'll still be on Facebook if you want to play Scrabble, and will definitely keep posting pics on Flickr. And maybe writing more blog-like descriptions of photos.

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to try blogging. And to all of you who have been reading. Or at least keeping me in your aggregator. If you see me at any of the myriad of ALA/ ACRL events, please come up and say hello.

Bye.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Greg Schwartz said...

The horror! No, seriously, no one understands better than me. Instead, you should call into the show and talk about all the things you almost blogged about.

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, I've been in a pretty big blogging drought myself. I think you should 1) certainly leave this puppy up for the search engines, and 2) keep your password handy - you never know when you might get the itch to share some thoughts again. I, for one, will keep the feed tucked away in my aggregator. All the best!

Paul

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on both comments. Blogging is cyclical, and something may get you excited in the future. I, for one, think you have good things to say, but you can't be that person 24/7. I guess just leave that possibility open.

Luckily, I still get to see and talk to you at work :)

Jenny
http://theshiftedlibrarian.com/

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger ruth said...

Yes, Dave... please keep the Random Stuff up and open for others to find and visit. You and DRS inspired me to create The Utopian Library and I refuse to remove your link from its sidebar! I understand how work and life can sometimes divert us from things we enjoy. So do keep that password in a safe place (but not so safe that you can't find it later), be where you need to be, and find me for that beer one day!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger David said...

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, I'm not going to deleted the blog or anything. It really just seems too much like work now. Work as in I feel like I have to post. And a little too much like what I do for money now. I won't forget the password, but don't count on it coming back. Just being honest about it!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Janie L. Hermann said...

I will be challenging you to a game of Scrabble shortly! Glad to know you will still be on FB and flickr... and hope to see you F2F at a conference soon.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger David said...

Janie - Bring it on! I'll be at IL and then Midwinter (obviously). Hope to see you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home