Thursday, April 03, 2008

Happy (Late) Blogoversary To Me

In the midst of prepping for CIL and working on a bunch of projects at work I completely missed my 2nd blogoversary, which was March 28. Yeah, there are a few posts from 2004, but I don't really count those. My actually involvement in blogging starting at CIL 2006 when I was semi-peer pressured into it by Meredith Farkas and Greg Schwartz. Well, it wasn't really peer pressure as much as pointing out that my excuses for not doing so were pretty lame.

And it has been really fun! I've been pretty erratic in posting over the past 6 to 8 months due to relocating and new job and such. And figuring out how I was going to approach maintaining something that is nominally a library-related blog when I'm not working in a library anymore. But what I'm doing now works for me, although I am going to try to write more about publishing type issues. I'm not really sure that my blog is even semi-useful anymore to anyone in libraryland who doesn't know me personally, but it is still a fun exercise.

Speaking of Greg Schwartz, I'm pretty excited that he is blogging regularly again and back on the speaking circuit and has Unvocab going strong. I can pretty much trace all of my involvement in conference speaking, and things that have resulted from it including my current job, to him. And honestly, I've felt like the stand-in or D-List Greg the whole time. I get really uncomfortable when anyone implies that I'm some sort of podcasting expert because, as LiB pointed out recently, he is The Man when it comes to library podcasting.

So thanks for reading, and I hope to catch up with old friends (and make some new ones) at CIL.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Greg Schwartz said...

Oh, quit selling yourself short. When people came a-askin', I told them you were da man. None of them came back and told me I was wrong.

That said, I'm interested in more about the life of an editor-in-chief in library land. There's an opportunity to establish a new niche in ye olde blogosphere yet.

See you in a few days, amigo.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Janie L. Hermann said...

Happy Blogaversary David! It was also CiL 2006 that got me so stoked about blogging that Pete, Robert and I finally got Library Garden off the ground (we had talked about it for months). Our blogaversary is also March 28th (see http://librarygarden.blogspot.com/2008/03/lg-turns-two.html)

Thanks for all the props you have given to the PPL Poetry Podcast over the last year. Can't wait to have lunch at NJLA at the end of the month. Enjoy CiL...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home