Friday, June 15, 2007

Spring Tour 2007

Let the travelling begin! On Sunday I'm heading up to Chicago for four days to look for a place to live. I've got some good leads thanks to the Chicago Reader and excellent assistance from friends and aquaintances. But wish me luck.

Then on Thursday I fly to DC for ALA Annual. My schedule mainly consists of my participation in the RUSA Reinvented Reference preconference, BIGWIG Social Software Showcase roundtable (Saturday from 1:30-2:30, Renaissance Mayflower Cabinet Room) and lots of ACRL job related meetings. With some social opportunities and a couple of actual sessions thrown in. I am free pretty much all Monday morning before I fly back to Atlanta at 4pm, so drop me a line if you want to get coffee or lunch or can recommend a good session.

I'm skeptical of my Internet access in Chicago hotel, but will be online daily from someplace with free wifi. So keep the Twitter comments coming. I'm going to try to blog from Annual as well if I can get online. I again can't figure out access possibilities at hotel, so posts might be pretty few and far between.

Questions, comments, and apartment leads are still being accepted at dwfree(at)gmail(dot)com. Hope to run into some of you in DC. If you see me, say hello.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog. if you have time you can also visit my site. Thanks.

Ventura Chiropractor - One of the Best in Ventura Chiropractor Care and one of the Best Ventura Chiropractors. Get your Ventura Chiropractor Care from http://www.purechiro.com/

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger David said...

Ironically, I used to work at a chiropractic college! Or maybe chiro spam bot is smarter than I think.

Also in the realm of irony/ coincidence, the Simpsons rerun where Homer tries to adjust people over a trash can in his garage was on last night. "This is a chiro town Homer". The chiropractors at my work were NOT amused at that one.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger ruth said...

There's great wi-fi access in my backyard... and the beer is free!

:-)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jane said...

IWTBDF, there is internet at the hotel. It is a requirement for Karen and I. ;) See you tomorrow.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger David said...

THE Michelle - Exxxxxcellent. I hope it is better than the crap connection at Chicago hotel. Panera rocks. Except between 11:30-1:30.

See ya tomorrow afternoon/ evening. Will be a blast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home